Suffering from injuries sustained due to suspected medical malpractice can leave you with a sour taste in your mouth. Because medical care facilities such as hospitals and doctor’s offices are supposed to provide you with personalized medical care, you may feel slighted after becoming injured or ill after being treated at one of these facilities. Each medical malpractice case is unique and presents a different set of circumstances for you when it comes to filing a personal injury case. Some of the most common types of medical malpractices cases that lawyers can help you with include:
- Misdiagnoses – a misdiagnosis happens when you are not properly diagnosed with an illness you have. In some cases, you may not have been diagnosed at all with any illness and you ultimately pay the consequences later down the line
- Failure to timely diagnose
- Misdiagnosis of an illness or injury
- Misdiagnosing a disease or condition
- Delayed or missed diagnosis
- Ignored complaints of symptoms
- Improper treatment after diagnosis
- Not referring patients to another doctor for specialized care
- Failure to Diagnose Illness or Disease
- Failing to recognize symptoms and diagnose a condition
- Failure to order appropriate tests
- Failure to appropriately treat an illness or injury
- Failure to Diagnose Cancer, such as breast, colon and prostate cancer
- Failure to diagnose heart disease
- Not referring a patient to the appropriate specialist
- Discharging a patient too early
- Misreading a CT, MRI, X–Ray, ultrasound or other test results
- Birth injuries – including brain damage, physical disfigurement and wrongful death
- Surgical Errors, including those arising before, during or after surgery
- Puncturing organs or cutting too deeply during surgery
- Operating on the wrong body part
- Leaving a foreign object in the body
- Using Out-of-date equipment
- Anesthesia Errors
- Administering too little or too much anesthesia
- Emergency Room Errors
- Delaying emergency treatment
- Errors during surgery
- Leaving an instrument inside a patient’s body
- Leaving an object in the body after surgery
- Using non-sterilized medical equipment
- Using unsterilized equipment
- Medication errors – prescribing the wrong medicine or the wrong dosage for your medication can be considered medical malpractice
- Administering the wrong amount of medication
- Complications from the prescription of unnecessary medicines and treatments
- Treatment of a non-existent medical condition
- Administering another patient’s treatment regimen to another patient
Am I Assured a Settlement Offer for My Injuries?
Not every medical malpractice case ends up in a settlement offer from the insurance company representing the medical institution responsible for your injuries. Getting a settlement offer is dependent on how negligence is proven and what the extent of the damages you have suffered are. Our law firm can help you prove both, along with assisting you in settlement negotiations so you can get the most out of your injury claim.
How Can a Medical Malpractice Lawyer Increase My Chances of Getting the Justice I Deserve?
Medical malpractice attorneys understand personal injury law, front, and back. Our experienced med mal lawyers have taken on cases for clients just like you and achieved favorable results for them on many occasions. We can provide you with the right representation for your case so you always have an ally on your side fighting for your rights without wavering.
How Important is it to Hire a Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
Hiring a personal injury lawyer for your medical malpractice case can be the difference between getting proper justice for your injuries or not. Because medical institutions have legal help on their side to take your case head-on, it is critical to get your own legal representation before filing a personal injury claim for your med mal injuries. Contact our injury law firm representing clients in all 5 boroughs in New York City including all 5 boroughs in New York City including the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, Westchester County, Nassau County and Suffolk County throughout all of Long Island today at (1-855-RIZZUTO) (749-9886) to get the results you need and deserve.