Philip J. Rizzuto
Mr. Rizzuto is the owner and managing attorney of the Rizzuto Law Firm. He began his career as a trial attorney with the Law Offices of Stanley R. Waxman, P.C., In 2005, Mr. Rizzuto took over the firm and re-named it The Rizzuto Law Firm.
Unlike most attorney who wait years to try cases, Mr. Rizzuto was litigating cases immediately as soon as he was admitted to practice law! What makes Mr. Rizzuto different from other lawyers is his ability to litigate various types of cases.
His background in defending personal injury cases gives him a very unique insight in representing individuals injured through another’s neglect and vice versa.
While he has successfully represented major insurance carriers, self-insured institutions and governmental municipalities in the defense of liability claims, product liability claims, construction accidents, subrogation, labor law and indemnity issues through all phases of litigation he has successfully represented individuals who are victims of those same claims. He also serves as Trial Counsel to other prominent law firms fighting for justice for their clients.
Mr. Rizzuto’s experience also includes litigating labor & employment law matters, negotiating collective bargaining agreements, handling employment arbitrations, participating in hearings before the NLRB, and litigating issues under the National Labor Relations Act in Federal Court.
Mr. Rizzuto has lectured on numerous topics, including “Indemnification Issues,” “Mold Litigation,” “Defending the Deep Pocket,” and “Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse.”
Mr. Rizzuto’s cases have generated national media attention, and he has been featured on Fox News Channel and various local television networks for his fight against bullying in our schools and the gross injustices many citizens in our society face everyday.
The past four years in a row, Super Lawyers has selected Phil Rizzuto to the New York Metro Super Lawyers list, an honor reserved for those lawyers who exhibit excellence in practice. Only 5% of attorneys in New York Metro receive this distinction. In addition to being a Super Lawyer, the Who’s Who Directories has recognized Mr. Rizzuto as a Top Attorney in North America.
- St. John’s University, College of Business Administration
- St. John’s University School of Law
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- As well as All Courts of the State of New York
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Columbian Lawyers of Nassau County (President 2011)
- Columbian Lawyers of Queens County
- Columbian Lawyers of Suffolk County
- Confederation of Columbian Lawyers
- Nassau County Bar Association
- NYC Trial Lawyers Association
- NY Plaintiff’s Nursing Home Litigation Group
- NY State Trial Lawyers Association
- Queens County Bar Association
- Suffolk County Bar Association
Community Service is a value Mr. Rizzuto places in very high regard. He devotes a great deal of time and services to various organizations and individuals.
He is especially active with organizations that assist children. He has been an Assistant Scout Master of Boy Scout Troop 427 in Setauket, N.Y., a member of the Board of Directors and Counsel to Three Village Baseball & Softball League, Counsel and has coached soccer, baseball, softball and CYO basketball.