But because of the nature of medicine, medical mistakes can be severe. Doctors deploy a vast array of medical devices, diagnostic tests, and drugs. Additionally, many of the medical procedures used today were developed in recent years and the long term effects may not be known. These tools and techniques can be very effective, but they can also have serious and dangerous consequences.
Examples of Medical Mistakes Include:
- Missed or delayed diagnosis
- Anesthesia mistakes
- Incorrect administration of drugs, both prescription and non-prescription
- Surgeries done without proper patient consent
- Failure to do proper testing
- Failure to consult with a medical specialist
- Improper or lack of patient monitoring
- Injuries to a mother or child during childbirth or C-Section
- Incorrect treatment of properly diagnosed medical condition
- Failure to notice the signs of a heart attack or stroke
- Misinterpretation of doctors notes on patient charts causing mistaken medical treatment
Doctors are human and they can make mistakes, but they are held to a very high standard of care because their mistakes can cause serious damage and pain to others. Some medical mistakes are the result of a medical professional acting in a way that does not meet the appropriate standard of care and the costs of these mistakes can be very high. It can be difficult to prove what caused your injuries and who is responsible. It is also common for medical mistakes to go undiagnosed. This is where an experienced team of Medical Malpractice attorneys can help.
It is Important to Contact an Attorney.
Medical malpractice claims are complicated cases. They involve medical expert witnesses with contradicting opinions, and they can have a significant impact on the lives of both those injured and those who are responsible. Litigating these types of cases is an arduous process and it requires a dedicated team of attorneys working around the clock to secure your rights and to ensure that those responsible for your injuries are held accountable.
CONTACT US DIRECTLY
There are very strict time limits on the filing of a claim for medical malpractice, which is why it is important to act quickly after an injury is discovered.
Call us at 516-622-0606
or use the form below to contact us directly.
Our experienced staff will promptly follow-up with you to discuss your situation. We can explain the options available to you and how we can help