Se Habla Español
Copyright © 2016 Philip J. Rizzuto, PC. All Rights Reserved
1) Nursing Homes Policies & Procedures:
2) Look for the Nursing Home's License.
It will be prominently displayed, usually in the lobby.
3) Physical Appearance: Take a good look around at everything.
4) Safety: State law requires that home's provide a safe environment for residents.
Below is a list of 14 important things to consider when determining if a particular nursing home is you or someone you love:
5) Cleanliness: A good home is a clean home.
6) Room Assignments
7) Food: Mealtime is an important part of the residents' day.
8) Medical/Nursing Care
It is hard to observe medical/nursing practices, but you can ask questions:
9) Special Therapies: If you might need speech, physical or special therapy, look at the therapy rooms.
If possible, speak to the staff person in charge to discuss:
10) Dementia Units/Alzheimer Units
11) Mental Health/Mental Retardation Services
Questions to Ask Regarding the Provision of Mental Health/Mental Retardation Services When Reviewing Nursing Homes:
12) Activities Program
13 Financial Arrangements
14) Quality of Service Delivery